sq ft: 3,000
Tony Kim is a Los Angeles native with 20+ years of commercial and industrial real estate experience. A sales and leasing expert, he specializes in advising owner/users, investors and developers throughout the greater Los Angeles area. He helps sellers to obtain ideal profitability and landlords to lease up with minimal downtime or loss of income.
Tony provides the expertise to help owners make profitable decisions for their real property assets and investments. He consistently meets and exceeds client goals by securing the highest possible price or rent with a detailed analysis of the highest & best use for each property.
Utilizing industry standard research tools, he implements a well-defined, strategic marketing program for the disposition or acquisition of assets with excellent transaction management. His client relationships include national, regional, local, and credit tenants.
Tony has vast experience with all property types: Retail, professional/creative office, manufacturing, warehouse, multi-family apartments, medical office/healthcare, and vacant land. He has been quoted by the Los Angeles Business Journal over the years.
He has advised owner/users on properties for their businesses and operations; investors on income producing leased properties for required capitalization rates or ROI; and developers on the renovation and repositioning of existing buildings and ground up new construction development.
Tony has represented properties throughout the Los Angeles County region: Downtown Los Angeles, Westlake, Wilshire Center, Koreatown, Echo Park, Silver Lake, USC adjacent, Miracle Mile, Hollywood, Los Feliz, Atwater Village, Cypress Park, Glassell Park, San Gabriel Valley, Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena, Toluca Lake, Universal City, and Studio City.
Notable Sale Transactions:
• 19,000 SF of medical office and residential building improvements on 63,045 SF of land for a new mixed-use development, with 137+ apartments/retail units off Olympic Blvd and Western Ave in Mid-Wilshire/Koreatown. Represented the seller and buyer.
• 19,665 SF of land (with minimal improvements) purchased as an investment for renovation to re-lease commercial space on Sunset Blvd and Normandie Ave in East Hollywood. The Boy Scouts of America was the seller.
• 21,334 SF of land for expansion of a new Walgreens drugstore on Magnolia Blvd in North Hollywood. Represented the seller.
• 92 unit apartment building in Koreatown/Silver Lake. Delivered 100% tenant occupied with existing income that was considerably below fair market rent value.
Notable Lease Transactions:
• 20,000 SF of commercial space for general and administrative offices with a radio broadcasting component in Hollywood. Also a 4,000 SF expansion for Lotus Entravision Reps, a national media company.
• 19,995 SF historic Million Dollar Theatre on Broadway in Downtown Los Angeles (a 2,000 seat performance venue/café). Represented the Yellin Company as Lessor and the tenant.
• 14,200 SF of commercial space for tenant Takami Japanese Restaurant/Elevate Cocktail Lounge in Downtown Los Angeles.
• Seven Sprint PCS and T-Mobile corporate mobile phone retailer sites in Los Angeles, Orange, and San Diego counties and in the San Francisco area.
• Four Warehouse Shoe Sale (WSS) locations: 5,000 to 8,000 SF build-to-suit properties in Los Angeles and Orange counties.
Tony previously held a Certified General Real Estate Appraiser license (CGREA) for commercial and industrial properties throughout six Southern California counties.
Tony graduated with a business degree from the University of Southern California with an emphasis in real estate finance. He is a licensed Real Estate Broker in addition to being a property valuation/appraisal consultant providing estate and trust planning for purposes of death, gifting and inheritance administration with attorneys and CPAs.
He has worked with many designated Members of the Appraisal Institute, the American Society of Appraisers and the Counselors of Real Estate. He has worked for the fourth largest regional appraisal firm, has appraised portfolios and valuations with clients including the City of Inglewood, in addition to other governmental redevelopment agencies, pension funds, life insurance companies and mortgage bankers/brokers.
Earlier in his career, he worked at the largest international corporate commercial real estate brokerage firm, CBRE, as a retail marketing specialist. His clients included 99 Cents Stores, Chief Auto Parts, and Rite Aid. He also worked for Ramsey-Shilling Commercial Real Estate Services as a sales and leasing agent. He is prior member of the Pasadena Chamber of Commerce, and is associated with the Urban Land Institute and the International Council of Shopping Centers.
“Tony is an amazing real estate professional. His insights and wisdom helped us market our property correctly. His marketing techniques and the effort he put into the sale of our property was successful. The property was not in the best area but his persistence and determination made the sale happen. He really went above and beyond with walking us through the escrow. I highly recommend him. He has to be the hardest working real estate professional I have met.”
1 month ago