sq ft: 7,300
Creative/Flex, Industrial, Office, Retail
An accomplished real estate veteran, Mark Silverman has consistently been at the forefront of developing market information and leads that has allowed Major Properties to maintain the edge it has in the greater Los Angeles marketplace.
Mr. Silverman’s open line of communication with lenders based in the United States, as well as internationally based financial institutions, has afforded those clients of Major Properties who wish to bid on distressed notes or real estate assets the ability to do so.
Mr. Silverman also keeps his networking options alive through a constant dialogue with many of the locally based ethnic banks. These institutions have been extremely proactive with their high level of lending during the previous years’ run-up in real estate values. These contacts are currently allowing Major Properties to actively participate in the current sell-off of distressed notes and assets, and to be prepared for the anticipated cleansing of the balance sheets of these same financial institutions.
Mr. Silverman will also fly to a distant city to cold call on property owners, knowing that face-to-face relationships often lead to an opportunity and a closed transaction. In the same manner, he maintains close working relationships with many of the prominent property owners in the Downtown Los Angeles market.
Additionally, Mr. Silverman has built an excellent reputation with the development community. Many of the leading residential and mixed use developers have toured the Los Angeles market with him, searching for lucrative opportunities.
A team member since 2001, Mr. Silverman has participated in many of the most prominent transactions to date at Major Properties, including:
• Landmark City Block (land): 200,000 sq.ft. Sold
• Downtown Fashion Portfolio: 280,000 sq.ft. Sold
• 900 S . Hill Street (retail/parking): 175,000 sq.ft. Sold
• 1515 E.15th Street (industrial): 287,500 sq.ft. Leased
• 1500 S. Figueroa (industrial): 60,000 sq.ft. Sold
• 1601-1611 S Main St (retail/apt): 30,500 sq.ft. Sold
• 1000 S Santa Fe Ave (SoHo House): 62,000 sq.ft. Sold
• 1301 S Main St (retail): 30,740 sq.ft. Sold
• 1516 S Main St (service station): 1,125 sq.ft. Sold
• 841 S Spring St (land): 19,800 sq.ft. Sold
During Mr. Silverman’s 25 years in Los Angeles, he has been active in several community based organizations, including the Jewish Federation and the Moriah Society. Mr. Silverman is a licensed California Real Estate Agent and will be happy to provide references upon request.